Friday, February 26, 2010

Alyson & Chase and Mattie

Who is in the photo at right?

This is Chase and myself (Alyson). There are some pics of Mattie below as well. Chase is almost a year and a half and Mattie is just 9 weeks old. They have the same parents but are from different litters. We just got Mattie yesterday and are absolutely in love! I teach high school English.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

Coffee is a must to begin my day and I love to share that time with my two pups!

What's brewing?

French vanilla coffee ... mmmm ... I usually make my own coffee at home but sometimes I'll splurge and get something from Starbucks.

Any goodies to go with the coffee?

Usually a bagel with butter for me.

Any treat for your dogs on this occasion?

My pups love dog biscuits and anything with bananas.

How were you & Chase and Mattie united?

My fiancee and I were looking for a puggle and found a great breeder in Oklahoma. We fell in love with Chase and when we moved out of our apartment into a house, I knew we had to get another one. Mattie worked out perfectly since she is a true sister to Chase! We had both Mattie and Chase shipped to New Jersey.

How did Chase and Mattie get their names?

To be honest, and I know this is boring, we decided to keep the names the breeder gave to both of them. We loved the name Chase and Mattie was the only girl in her litter and we loved her name too!

Cat, squirrel, postman...?

Definitely the postman...Chase will bark at him everyday, the poor guy!

Frisbee, squeaky-toy, stick...?

Mattie sounds like a squeaky-toy right now! For Chase, I would definitely say a stick. When he was a pup, he would bring them inside and make a mess on the carpet. He loves to chew on them.

Where's the dogs' favorite place for an outing?

Anywhere that involves the going in the car is fine for Chase. He loves the dog park or just going to the local pet store. Mattie doesn't have a favorite place yet.

Who are Chase and Mattie's best pet-pals?

Chase's best pet-pals are Bijou and Banjo from his blog. Mattie hasn't had a chance to get to know any pups yet besides her brother.

What's each dog's best quality?

Chase loves to snuggle and give kisses. Mattie is spunky and doesn't fear anything! She loves to play.

If Chase and Mattie could change one thing about you, what would it be?

I would guess that they would wish I was home more with them. They always greet me with kisses and licks and that makes my day!

What's each dog's proudest moment? His or her most embarrassing?

Chase's proudest moment was when he finally learned down. That was a tough one for him and we were so proud of him! Mattie doesn't have one yet. As far as most embarrassing, for Chase it would have to be when he chewed up my cell phone! I'm sure Mattie will have her fill of proudest and most embarrassing moments as she grows up.

Visit the official "Chase the Puggle" blog.

--Marshal Zeringue