Monday, June 13, 2011

Andrea & Benny and Lily

Who is in the photo at right?

Our Coffee Date landed us at the beach. Benny and Lily are 4-year-old French Bulldogs.

That's me, Andrea, in the photo below left. I am originally from the east coast and now reside in beautiful California. My profession: let's just say I have a career in law enforcement.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

Following my grande latte extra hot please and Lily's visit to the V-E-T I decided a beach walk was in store.

What's brewing?

Brewing.... Are 3 favorites OK? JJ Beans flavored coffee or Coffee Importers coffee or a Starbucks latte extra hot.

Any treat for you and your dogs on this occasion?

The biggest treat was letting them run and dig in the sand. Afterwards dried liver and salmon treats were the perfect choice to end their day.

How were you and Benny & Lily united?

I always wanted a French Bulldog. I came across a breeder and there Lily [photo right] was, 8 weeks old. I was suddenly hooked on French Bulldogs.

Benson, a.k.a Benny is from a show dog French Bulldog family in Pennsylvania. He was 11 months old when I had him driven to the Grand Canyon where me and a friend picked him up. Following the initial introduction, Lily wondered when this "Benson" kid was going home... Now she loves him and they are inseparable.

How did your dogs get their names? Any aliases?

Lily, well, I love the name and thought it was a good fit for a little French girl.

Benson, a.k.a Benny was already named when I adopted him. He also calls himself a "Chick Magnet."

Cat, rabbit, postman...?

Lily prefers squirrels. Benny on the other hand will stick with the bunnies.

Tennis ball, squeaky-toy, stick...?

Lily has had a white stuffie dog since she was 8 weeks old and still plays with it. Otherwise, a small tennis ball will do. She plays constantly.

Benny is not going to be happy I am telling you this but his favorite toy is a small pink Ugg. Otherwise the first toy out of the toy box is as good as any.

Where is Benny & Lily's favorite place for an outing?

Benny and Lily love car rides, going to their friends Annie's house and of course the beach.

If Benny & Lily could change one thing about you, what would it be?

They would probably tell me to quit work and let's go for walks and more walks and more walks.

What is each dog's proudest moment?

Benny and Lily are volunteers for the French Bulldog Rescue Network. They are very proud when they are asked to volunteer.

And their most embarrassing moment?

Embarrassing, I accidentally scared Benny when he was laying in the sun. He jumped a mile and looked at me like he was mortified. He got lots of hugs after that one.

Lily: she was barking at a stuffed monkey until I showed her it was not real.

Visit Benny and Lily's blog and Facebook page.

--Marshal Zeringue