Monday, July 4, 2011

Jen Costello & Sherman and Leroy

Who is in the photo at right?

That's Sherman, Leroy, and me, Jen Costello.

I am a part time vet tech and full time mother to 2 beautiful children: Bobby, 9, and Gracie, 6.

Sherman is 4. He is a male Newfoundland. Leroy is 3 and is also a male Newfoundland.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

We stopped for a Pepsi before heading to the ballgame.

What's brewing?

Well I don't drink coffee, so what is brewing is a Pepsi!

Any treats for you or your dogs on this occasion?

Sherman and Leroy are having veggie treats.

How were you and Sherman and Leroy united?

Sherman and Leroy were both acquired from a breeder in North Dakota.

How did they get their names? Any aliases?

Sherman got his name because I wanted a dorky name for a big dog and "Sherman" just fit!

Leroy got his name because the first day he stepped into our home I just knew was going to be trouble. Badd Badd Leroy Brown.

Do Sherman and Leroy have a favorite place to go for an outing?

Sherman loves to go to my son's baseball games with me. Leroy loves to go for walks and basically anywhere!

Squirrel, postman, cat...?

Sherman has a thing for birds and groundhogs.

Stick, ball, squeaky-toy?

Sherman's favorite toy is his yellow Air Dog squeaky bone, or Air Dog tennis ball. He will only play with Air Dog toys.

Leroy's favorite toy is any one of my shoes! He loves to run around the house with one of them!

What is each dog's best quality?

Sherman is a total "velcro" dog and always wants to be in the same room as me. His favorite place is by my side.

Leroy is just a "goofy Newfy." He is always looking to have fun and is constantly making me laugh with his silly antics!

What is each dog's proudest moment? His most embarrassing?

Sherman's proudest moment was when he earned his championship title in the show ring--now wait, that was mine. Sherman's proudest moment was when he went in our pool for the first time!

His most embarrassing moment was when I put bunny ears on him!

Leroy's proudest moment was when he finally got close enough to me when I was walking that he stepped on the back of my slipper and tripped me.

Leroy's most embarrassing moment just happened the other day when he was smelling a water fountain drain and then water came shooting out of it up his nose!

Follow Sherman and Leroy at Jen Costello's My Brown Newfies blog and on Facebook.

--Marshal Zeringue