Friday, December 16, 2011

Anthea & Ponto, Percy, and Dylan

Who is in the photo at right?

I am Anthea, I supervise children at school at lunch and train dogs. The dogs are, Ponto [photo below left], aged five (on the bed on floor), who is a mongrel girl including genes from labrador, bichon frise, sheltie, staffie, border collie and Irish setter. On my right is Percy, an Irish Setter girl, aged nine and Dylan who is eight is on my left and he is a Cocker Spaniel/Border Collie cross.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

A pleasant interlude during our walk on the beach.

What's brewing?

Tea (PG Tips).

Any treats for you or your dogs on this occasion?

Liver treats I bake myself.

How were you and your dogs united?

They came to me as puppies.

How did your dogs get their names? Any nicknames?

My daughter named Percy, really Persephone Sisyphus, but she is called Percy for short.

I named Dylan [photo right] after Bob Dylan. My mother named Ponto after a dog she had had as a child.

Rabbit, postman, cat...?

They all like chasing rabbits, are friends with the postman and live with my cat.

Where is your dogs' favorite place for an outing?

The beach or the Forest.

What is each dog's best quality?

Percy - goofy and good at tricks.

Dylan - was a brilliant agility dog but retired now.

Ponto - very loving agility dog.

If your dogs could change one thing about you, what would it be?

Maybe become my only dog.

What is each dog's proudest moment? Most embarrassing?

Percy's [photo left] winning the Casual Agility Class.

Dylan's doing his washing line trick.

Ponto's walking around me backwards.

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which your dogs could speak, who should do their voices?

I've no idea.

Visit the Ponto's Ongoing Story blog.

--Marshal Zeringue

No comments:

Post a Comment