Monday, March 18, 2013

Coralee Robichaud & Finn

Who is in the photo at right?

This is Finn and me. My name is Coralee Robichaud, and I run a web site for dog enthusiasts called Bark and Chatter.

Finn is my constant companion, as well as my chief adviser and muse. He’s a sweet-natured 18 month old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

We’re enjoying the early spring sunshine on our porch swing. It’s freezing, but it’s so nice to be outside without snow!

What's brewing?

This morning I’m drinking Sips Pumpkin Chai.

Any treats for you or Finn on this occasion?

Finn’s enjoying a peanut butter stuffed Kong at the moment.

How did Finn get his name? Any nicknames?

Finn’s original name was Philius, after a Harry Potter character. He came to us when he was nearly a year old, and Philius just wasn’t a name I could get used to. I changed it to Finnius, because it was close enough to make for an easy transition.

Now we all just call him Finn.

How were you and Finn united?

I had been searching for a long time for the right ‘fit’ for our family. We always had super-high-energy dogs in the past, and never seemed to be able to satisfy their needs. I did a lot of research and finally decided on a Cavalier.

By coincidence we met a woman who used to breed Cavaliers, and still had a lot of connections. She put us in touch with Finn’s breeder. It was serendipity.

Who are your dog's best pet-pals?

Finn’s best pal is Toby, our big orange tabby. Toby is a Man of Mischief, and the only one of our three cats who calls Finn his friend!

Squeaky toy, ball, stick...?

Finn arrived here knowing how to fetch, which was just awesome for us. Our other dogs loved to chase things but would never give them back! Finn loves any kind of ball.

Cat, postman, squirrel...?

Oh, boy! We have three cats. Finn harasses them all – only Toby tolerates it.

And he really hates squirrels.

If Finn could change one thing about Nova Scotians, what would it be?

Nova Scotians complain a lot about weather in general, but especially our winters. I am probably the worst culprit.

Finn loves snow, partly because he has such a luxurious built-in fur coat.

I think if he could change something about us, he’d make us all stop whining so much about the white stuff.

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which Finn could speak, which actor should do his voice?

Bruce Willis. Definitely. Finn has a bit of a subversive/sarcastic streak that Bruce would capture perfectly.

If Finn could answer only one question in English, what would you ask him?

If I could ask Finn one question, it would be “Do you really have to pee on everything that doesn’t move???” When we’re out for a walk, no stationary object is safe. After the first block, Finn’s bladder is bone dry, but he doesn’t even notice – he lifts his leg anyway. Maybe it’s a salutation?

Visit the Bark and Chatter website.

--Marshal Zeringue

7 comments:

  1. Finn is georgous! I too live in NS and have two Cavaliers. I was really happy to find your site and I'm looking forward to following it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Finn's style. A "salutation" Bawhahhahahha
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a *female* beagle who would do the same thing - lifted her leg like a male and would mark everything when we went on walks - even though nothin' was comin' out. Maybe she was just "saluting" too. :)

    Finn's so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview with them :) Just saw your site on Finn's blog this morning, woof! If you ever want to interview a GBGV, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview, I love the bark and chatter blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful pic of Coralee and Finn! well-suited owner and human!! Both quite regal! LOve reading about Finn and his antics, so well written up by Coralee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finn and Coralee do such a great job with the blog!!! Like Finn as Bruce Willis too!

    ReplyDelete