Monday, October 7, 2013

Jane Tesh & Winkie

Who is in the photo at right?

This is me, Jane Tesh, with my one-eyed, eight year old Chihuahua, Winkie.

What's brewing? Any treats?

We drink regular Folger’s coffee with lots of milk and sugar. Sometimes it’s milk and sugar with a little coffee in it. If Winkie could put cheese in her coffee, she would. She’ll do anything for cheese.

What's new with Winkie since we caught up with you last year?

Winkie is still as feisty as ever. She’s learned that if she wants to go to bed, she hops in her crate and then barks until I turn out the light. Now that she’s eight, she goes to bed much earlier, sometimes as early as eight thirty.

Although she has on a little outfit for our photo, she still hates to wear clothes and can usually get out of them faster than I can dress her. She prefers to run around the house au natural.

Are there any dogs in your new novel, Now You See It?

No, but there will be one in the last book of the series, which is way down the road, about ten books to go.

Who is Winkie's best pet-pal?

Winkie loves her pal, Duffy, a dog I rescued. Duffy was chained in my neighbor’s back yard, and the neighbor let me take her for walks and play with her. Then he finally agreed to let me have Duffy, and I took her home to my brother’s house on our farm, where she promptly had six puppies!

When Winkie and I go to the farm, she always greets Duffy and her family, but Winkie is too tiny to play with them.

If Winkie could change one thing about North Carolinians, what would it be?

Winkie loves her home state, but she wishes everyone in North Carolina and everywhere would be kinder to animals and support their local animal rescue groups and animal shelters. She was lucky to find a home with me, and she wants the same for all animals—even cats!

Visit Jane Tesh's website, blog, Facebook page, and Twitter perch.

Read--Coffee with a Canine: Jane Tesh and Winkie (October 2012).

--Marshal Zeringue

No comments:

Post a Comment