Monday, November 15, 2010

Priscilla Phang & Eva

Who is in the photo at right?

That's me, Priscilla Phang and the little girl next to me is Eva, a Shetland Sheepdog. I give private tutoring at home since I quit my teaching from a school a few years ago. Eva is turning one year old on 27th Novermber. My husband and I are going to take her to a park in the morning and have our lunch over there.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

I enjoy having a cuppa coffee at home and it can be anytime of the day whenever I feel like having one. I grind the beans, brew the coffee and have a sip while Eva is running or lying under the table waiting for her treats. I like making my own coffee as I love the aroma of coffee that fills my house.

What's brewing?

It's Cable Car Brand from San Francisco Coffee. I like latte but due to the consideration of no sugar and low fat, I take black coffee. Lately I'm a bit obsessed with white coffee.

Any goodies to go with the coffee?

One or two cookies, cream crackers or biscotti. I'll just get whatever in my cookie jar.

Any treat for Eva on this occasion?

Eva loves and enjoys foods. She isn't picky at all but I'm picky so she gets some really nice yummy salmon flakes and she loves Greenies.

How were you and Eva united?

Eva was unexpectedly born in our house after we adopted her mother, Hana, 3 weeks before.

I think that it makes her more precious to us than ever, especially after Hana passed away 3 months later.

How did Eva get her name? Any aliases?

Eva's first name was Rain because she was born in our garden, after the rain, while we were out. We decided it was too depressing a name, and our daughter decided to call her Eva (from the movie, Wall-E).

Other names for Eva include Eve, or just Puppy!!

Cat, squirrel, postman...?

Cat, definitely. She enjoys jumping up and down barking at our poor neighbour's cats. The postman comes on a motorcycle, so yes, she loves any fast moving vehicle to give a good chase to!

Tennis ball, squeaky-toy, stick...?

Her favourite are actually stuffies. She has quite a collection of stuffed toys, donated from my daughter's wardrobe of toys and some from our blogging friends.

She seems to know that the stuffies are precious and she doesn't damage them in any way.

Where is Eva's favorite place for an outing?

Anywhere out of the house. To parks, restaurants, etc.

Who are Eva's best pet-pals?

When she was a puppy, we used to have an old rottweiler. Eva loved her to bits and would always try and get her to play. Unfortunately, our Laura was a bit too old for puppy nonsense and would not bother her. That didn't stop Eva from trying, though!

In puppy class, Eva met a golden retriever called Joey. They both excelled in their puppy obedience and weeks after not seeing each other, we met at a doggie event one day and they still recognized each other. Both pups were over the moon!

What is Eva's best quality?

Eva's temperament is perfect. She is not aggressive, never too stubborn, and just extremely sweet and cuddly.

What is Eva's proudest moment? Her most embarrassing?

I think the proudest moment was when Eva scored high marks in her Obedience Class. She's the star student in her class.

Her most embarrassing moment? Uh... I can't think of any at the moment.

Visit The Life of Eva the Sheltie blog.

--Marshal Zeringue