Monday, July 2, 2012

Steph & Dakota

Who is in the photo at right?

I'm Steph, a 23 year old grad student. I'm working on my Master's in Library Science, and am currently working as a library clerk until I finish my degree next year! I love books, writing, games, and dogs, especially mine! Dakota is a four year old Bichon Frise/Pekingese boy.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

Finishing school for the semester! Dakota and I are excited, now we have more time to spend together so we are celebrating!

What's brewing?

Hot chocolate for me! Not a coffee drinker.

Any treats for you or Dakota on this occasion?

Dakota's getting his favorite tiny Milkbones, and I'm enjoying a cupcake - yellow with chocolate frosting. Mmmm!

How did Dakota get his name? Any aliases?

He was already named when I got him, and I liked the name, though some people think he's girl. He has a hundred nicknames from me - Kota, Koko, Bean... too many to count!

How were you and Dakota united?

I adopted Dakota from the local animal shelter in September 2010. I saw his picture on the website and it was love at first sight. His underbite just got me! It's perfect.

On the internet you're Steph the Bookworm -- do you have any favorite fictional dogs?

I do! Joe, the German Shepherd in Allie Larkin's novel, Stay, is the best!

Does Dakota have any non-canine pet-pals?

Oh yes! I don't say this only because he's my dog, but everyone that has ever met Dakota is in love with him! We recently moved in with my parents, and my dad swears that when I move out in the next year or two, Dakota is staying behind with him and my mom. Kota loves his grandma and grandpa, but he's mine, sorry!

Squirrel, cat, postman...?

Barks at all of the above! Chases my cats like there's no tomorrow. They are terrified of him.

Squeaky toy, ball, stick...?

He has one of those stuffing-less "stuffed" animals. His is a chicken, and he adores it. It's the only thing he'll play with. He has a Wubba and he won't touch it!

What is Dakota's best quality?

Physically, his silly teeth. I love his underbite. But he's also funny and sweet. Loves his belly rubbed, and swipes his little paw at you when you stop.

If Dakota could change one thing about you, what would it be?

Dakota would love it if I could be home more. School and work keep me really busy, and he hates it.

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which your dog could speak, which actor should do his voice?

I always imagine he has a childlike voice, but I can't think of any young actors!

I'm thinking about those flea commercials from a couple of years ago when the dogs wrote home to their moms to thank them for the flea medications. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Haha.

Visit Steph the Bookworm's lit blog.

--Marshal Zeringue

1 comment:

  1. Sending Good Luck and Best Wish's for you and Dakota
    XO Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete