Monday, November 24, 2014

Michelle Larsen & Spokane

Who is in the photo at right?

I am Michelle Larsen, a small animal emergency veterinarian and field veterinarian for VPI. That's Spokane aka my Spokie girl. She's a 5 year old female Border Collie Mix.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

Spokane joined me at work today while dad is out of town.

What's brewing?

Fall favorite pumpkin spice latte with soy.

Any treats for you or Spokane on this occasion?

A Puppicinno of course.

How did Spokane get her name? Any nicknames?

She was rescued on a Humane Society Veterinary Trip in Colville, WA, outside of Spokane, which also means "sunshine" in Native American.

While the insights on your blog Veterinary Brainstorm are generally based on your professional expertise, are you ever inspired to write about a subject by Spokane's experiences?

I am now.

How were you and Spokane united?

Spokane had been in animal control on the Colville Indian Reservation and her time was running out to find her a home, so we kept her at the mobile clinic to get her spayed and adopted. Luckily there was room on my airline to fly her back home. One look at her freckles and big ears and I fell in love.

Who are Spokane's best pet-pals?

Chester, a golden retriever and Max a Shepard mix - both live on the East Coast.

Squirrel, postman, cat....?

I love to chase little lizards and bunnies, and I am not frightened by coyotes.

Squeaky toy, ball, stick...?

I have this really loud rubber squeaky football, love my collection of deflated soccer balls, and my dragon.

What is Spokane's best quality?

Her excitement for life.

If Spokane could change one thing about Phoenicians, what would it be?

Vaccinate against parvovirus and keep your pets on a leash, when they come up to me unexpectedly I get scared and crazy.

If Spokane could answer only one question in English, what would you ask her?

What do you want to do today?

Visit the Veterinary Brainstorm blog.

--Marshal Zeringue

1 comment:

  1. Oh, little Miss Sunshine, you look so cute! I bet we'd have loads of fun playing together. Woofs from Gage

    ReplyDelete