Thursday, March 31, 2016

Kirill Swift & Paul

Who is in the photo at right?

That’s me and my friend Paul. My name is Kirill Swift; I'm a web and graphic designer. Paul is a four-year-old Miniature Poodle – my favorite, by the way.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

Breakfast in the kitchen before going to work is a great opportunity for my little friend to shake out of me some treats. It’s really difficult to resist his cute begging eyes.

What's brewing?

Believe it or not, it all depends on the mood. It may be an instant coffee or an exquisite Chinese green tea. I never know what I will want, so every day is a little bit different.

Any treats for you or Paul on this occasion?

We buy delicious cheese, cookies, and chocolate at the supermarket nearby; but Paul, like all dogs, cannot eat chocolate, so I give him extra cheese treats every morning.

How were you and Paul united?

His former mistress, the girl I loved, was a model, and she couldn’t pay enough attention to Paul. She loved him very much, so when he was 9 months old, she gave him to me, knowing that I will take good care of him in her memory.

How did your dog get his name? Any aliases?

This is also the idea of ​​his mistress. His full name is Jean-Paul Laurens – his former mistress jokingly named him in honor of a French painter and sculptor. But she had also dreamed since childhood about a dog named by Paul. I also call him Paul, though his regular nickname is "Bandit."

Does Paul do more to help or hinder your design work?

He designs for me. Okay, just kidding. Rather, he helps, because when I'm working hard I must be able to exercise, too: this way I sometimes find new ideas. And it’s really impossible to ignore Paul, standing in front of me on his hind legs and trying to get my attention using his claws to scratch my knees.

Cat, postman, squirrel...?

Paul has nothing against postmen but cats are at risk of being in a tree after meeting him. He hasn’t seen squirrels yet, but I think he would have taken one for a sly masked cat.

Ball, squeaky-toy, stick...?

Squeaky-toys are his favorite toys, but regardless of the presence of any toys he does not miss the opportunity to steal my socks, especially if he sees that I need them. Then he hides from me with his trophy and watches what I'm going to do.

Who is Paul's best pet-pal?

A Pekingese named Lily, but I'm not sure that his interest is only friendly.

What is Paul's best quality?

Quick wits: he is so cunning that he can foresee my actions and hide if they are not in his interest.

If Paul could change one thing about you, what would it be?

My habit to put off until tomorrow what I can do today.

If Paul could answer only one question in English, what would you ask him?

I would ask him what he would like me to do for him.

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which Paul could speak, who should voice him?

Tom McGrath, the voice of Skipper from The Penguins of Madagascar.

What advice would Paul give if asked?

Accept anything given – run to avoid being beaten.

Visit the Sly Poodle website.

--Marshal Zeringue

No comments:

Post a Comment