Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Jessica & Liberty and Reveille

Who is in the photo at right?

Hello all! That's me, Jessica, in the photo at the right! I work in the Information Technology industry, and I also write a fashion and lifestyle blog called The Jessica L Blog.

My female Jack is named Liberty and my male Jack is named Reveille. Liberty is 7 years old and Reveille is 2 years old.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

I will take Libby and Rev with me as much as possible, and having coffee outside on a nice day is just another excuse to take them with me! I also stopped by the pet store to get them treats and I like to take them there with me too.

What's brewing?

I'm enjoying a vanilla latte with non-fat milk and light on the whip at Katy's Cafe in Imperial Beach.

Any treats for you or your dogs on this occasion?

You bet! I bought a whole bag full at the pet store today!- Biscuits wrapped in chicken, sweet potato biscuits, and chicken chews!

How did your dogs get their names? Any aliases?

Liberty was born on July 4th, so the breeder named her "Lady Liberty," and I just kept the name; her nickname is Libby. We got Reveille from a different breeder a year and a half ago, and both the darling husband\DH and I have military backgrounds, so we decided to name him Reveille to go along with Liberty. His nickname is Rev or Revy. In short, "liberty" means "off-duty time" or any time after work is complete and "reveille" is the announcement that is made on a ship when it is time to "wake up". No joke!

How were you and your dogs united?

I did a lot of research and found the breeders I got them from.

Do your dogs have a favorite place to go for an outing?

Yes, the beach and the doggy park, or any place that has furry things or humans they can meet and play with!

Who are your dogs' best pet-pals?

Our friends' dogs, Rexy (a Chihuahua mix), Junior (a pit-bull mix), and Rocco (a pit bull mix).

Squirrel, postman, cat...?

Little furry things tend to get scared because Libby and Rev will chase them around!

Squeaky-toy, ball, Frisbee...?

They both love balls, but Liberty's favorites are tennis balls and racquet balls. Reveille's favorite are squeaky balls.

What is each dog's best quality?

Liberty loves everyone and has such a personality. Reveille is a momma's boy and is always by my side.

If your dogs could change one thing about San Diegans, what would it be?

It would be that they would all like to throw balls for hours and hours! Oh, and give lots of treats!

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which your dogs could speak, which actors should do their voices?

Yeardly Smith (voice of Lisa Simpson) would do Libby's voice and John Heder (Napoleon Dynamite).

Visit The Jessica L Blog.

--Marshal Zeringue

3 comments:

  1. What adorable names!!!

    Urban Hounds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you are having amazing fun in life! Keep it up. Adorable goodness is by your side.

    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Q&A!! I commend you for researching your dogs' breeds!! Far too many prospective owners neglect to do so, resulting in heartbreak!! :-(
    Liberty and Reveille's best pet-pals are BEAUTIFULLY UNIQUE mixed breeds!! All three of them!! I love how dogs do not discriminate against their own species!! Or people, for that matter!! ;op

    ReplyDelete