Monday, February 18, 2013

Sasha & Biscuit

Who is in the photo at right?

My name is Sasha and I'm a freelance copywriter. This is my wonderpup, Biscuit.

She's a 4.5 year old mixed breed mutt and she's the best dog I've ever met.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

I try to take Biscuit out with me wherever possible.

She loves going for a ride in the car [photo left] and is excited to sniff out new places. Also, she gets jealous when we have coffee (or tea) without her.

Any treats for you or Biscuit on this occasion?

Biscuit and I both love to eat. We'll take any kind of treat we can get our hands on. Today, it's a Greenie Bone. I don't want to say who, but someone has a bit of a breath problem.

How were you and Biscuit united?

I had always wanted to rescue an animal.

After having visited several shelters, I learned about a nearby store called Newbury Park Pet Supply. The owner of this store has saved the lives of over 2,000 pets by rescuing them from high-kill shelters and selling them for an affordable flat rate of $100 (which includes mandatory spay/ neuter, as well as high quality pet food).

It was on my first visit to this store that I found Biscuit. She was so sweet and held close to me the whole time I was in the store. It was love at first sight! Biscuit was my rescue pooch from that day forward.

Cat, postman, squirrel...?

Postman. She goes nuts when she hears the postman's truck pull up.

I would share photographic evidence of the damage she's done to the mail slot, but I don't want to embarrass myself.

Squeaky-toy, ball, stick...?

She loves them all. As soon as she sees us come home, she runs to grab the nearest dog toy and runs up to us, prize in tow. She's such a show-off.

Who is Biscuit's best pet-pal?

Biscuit isn't too fond of other dogs; I think she thinks she's above them.

People, on the other hand, she loves. She wants to be where all of the action is and she makes herself known by nudging her nose under your hand. She wants to be petted, whether you like it or not.

If Biscuit could change one thing about you, what would it be?

I think she would change how much I walk her. I'm pretty lazy about that kind of stuff. Ha.

What is Biscuit's best quality?

Biscuit is great with children.

She's a great judge of how rough/ gentle she should be when playing around. She doesn't mind at all when kids try to ride on her or hug around her neck. In fact, I'm pretty sure she loves it.

If Biscuit could answer just one question in English, what would you ask her?

I would ask her what kind of dog she is. My guess is she's a mix of black labrador and some kind of shepherd, but I don't know for sure. I've always wondered where she came from and I think it would help us understand where she gets certain characteristic and traits.

To read more stories about Sasha and Biscuit, visit them at the Things I Like to Eat (...and Other Nonsense) blog, or on Facebook or Twitter.

--Marshal Zeringue

4 comments:

  1. Glad you rescued Sasha - think she is too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biscuit is so sweet in that last photo. And for the record we can never have enough walks.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for having us, Marshal!! I shared your post on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the one of her as a puppy.

    ReplyDelete