Monday, February 4, 2013

Ty & Ollie

Who is in the photo at right?

I'm Ty, and I'm currently working on a few projects...other than blogging I draw cartoons--and am starting school in March for Game Art. In "real" life, I work at the family ranch in Montana, but since my Bride took a contract in Hawaii, I have the opportunity to mess around with some other things. Sure miss the ranch though.

My canine bud is Ollie, my "loaner" dog. She is a 4 year old mix. She is our friends' Drew and Sarah's dog, and since Drew travels extensively for work, we end up with her quite often--which is a treat for us since our dog Scout, is living at the home place. The Father-In-Law needed him to help out with the cows, and Hawaii (rightly so) has very strict quarantine/import laws on creatures--so it's a bit of a process, and we weren't sure how long we'd be here.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

Ollie and I are headed to Morning Brew. It's a great little local coffee shop in Kailua Town. Kitty-corner from Starbucks, so we feel like we're really stickin' it to the Man when we go there.

What's brewing?

Tall latte, with whole milk. Sometimes if we're headed to the beach, we'll grab an iced latte, but--not very often.

Any treats for you and Ollie on this occasion?

If were really feelin' it, we'll hit Coldstone for some ice cream, but not being as active...(ahem...no ranchwork), both Ollie and I (ok, just me) may be packin' on a few extra lbs...

How did Ollie get her name? Any aliases?

Not really sure. She's just Ollie. Sometimes I call her Olls, but--it's kinda hard to shorten up Ollie...

How did you and your canine friend meet?

I met Ollie through an online canine dating site. Since we left Scout [photo right] in Montana, I was looking for some canine companionship, and really liked her profile. The rest, is history. (Really, my wife works with Ollie's dad: Drew).

What's a bigger distraction for a Hawaiian dog: squirrel, postman, cat....lizard?

Ollie really dislikes skateboarders. For whatever reason, she really gets after them. If one happens to pass when we're on a walk, she gets pretty intense. Secretly, I think it's fine--since most skateboarders are just punk kids--but I'm sure there are nice skateboarders too. But, if it comes down to the brass tacks, I trust Ollie. There has to be something wrong with them.

Squeaky toy, ball, stick...?

Ollie isn't picky. Tennis balls, a Papa Smurf stuffed toy, her squeaky dino... Ollie loves to play.

If Ollie could change one thing about you, what would it be?

She would want me to drop the leash when skateboarders were about.

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which Scout and Ollie could speak, which actors should do their voices?

Hmmmm, for some reason my first instinct was to put Morgan Freeman doing Scout's voice. But, we may have to resurrect Barry White--but a zombie Barry White might be too much, so James Earl Jones would suffice. Scout [photo left] is so frenetic, and crazy, that a deep, resonating voice-over would be spectacular.

Ollie is very playful, and proper...well, if you exclude her begging for belly rubs--so something along the lines of Rachel McAdams. Proper, playful, and cute.

If your dog Scout could say one thing in English about you wintering in Hawaii while he endured the season in Montana, what do you think it would be?

This is a family blog, right?

Visit the Cowdog blog.

--Marshal Zeringue

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like maybe Scout has picked up a little language in that Montana barn scene!

    Nice dogs!

    ReplyDelete