Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Marianne & Finn

Who is in the photo at right?

This is me, Marianne and my beautiful girl Finn. She's a golden retriever and she turned one this past October.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

I work a part-time job on the weekends, and my husband was nice enough to have this waiting for me when I got home on Sunday.

It's finally getting cold enough in New York so we can start enjoying these warm treats. And Finn will always come over and investigate what we're eating and drinking.

What's brewing?

It's a hot cocoa from Dunkin' Donuts. I actually don't drink coffee.

Any treats for you or Finn on this occasion?

Well, I split a frosted donut with my husband and I confess, we let Finn have a little lick of the frosting.

How were you and Finn united?

On Christmas Eve 2010, my husband and I stopped by one of our local kennels "just to look." We went through a few rounds of playing with other dogs, and then I saw her. I just knew she had to be mine.

How did Finn get her name? Any nicknames?

Finn came from Huckleberry Finn. Everyone thinks it's an Irish name, but I am 100% Italian.

I just love Mark Twain (I even toured his house in CT this summer) and it seemed like a perfect fit.

Yes, I know Huck Finn is a boy and my Finn is a girl! We call her Finn, The Finn, Finnie, Finnickles and FinnFinn.

Does Finn have a favorite place to go for walk?

Finn will lay at my feet in the mornings until we do our usual loop for a walk through the neighborhood.

She just loves to be taken outside in general and is up for an adventure wherever we go.

Squirrel, postman, cat...?

Squirrels. The postmen around here drive from house to house, and she is terrified of cats. She loves to chase squirrels across the field.

What is Finn's best quality?

She is curious about everything. I could be folding the laundry or making the bed, and she'll come wandering over to see what I am doing and watch me do every detail so much that we think she's planning to do it herself the next time.

If Finn could change one thing about you, what would it be?

I am sure she'd love to be fed from the table.

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which Finn could speak, who should do her voice?

We use a Barbara Walters "Hewwwow" voice for Finn.

If Finn could answer only one question in English, what would you ask her?

I would just like to know if she's happy.

Visit Finn Howard's blog.

--Marshal Zeringue

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for featuring us today! Hope everyone enjoyed learning a little more about us~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, we know a famous fur-kid. Way to go Finn. Sniffs, The HoundDogs

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't have to ask. Finn is happy. We can see it in her eyes.

    AROOOOOF!
    Boondocks & The Love Shack Pack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful interview. Good job Finn and Finn's person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pawesome interview!

    I learned a lot more about you Finn! I think you are ofcourse happpier than happy and maybe, just maybe...you'll get your own seat at the table. (happens to be a wish of mine and a perhaps a future blog post!?)

    I am thrilled to know a famous fod such as yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome interview
    I wasnt sure that was where the name came from. I also love Twain and plan to use the name Huck Finn for a dog some day, hopefully it will be ok with your Finn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interview. Finn is simply beautiful. Blessings to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a fantastic interview. That's so great to know where the name Finn came from. Mommy doesn't drink coffee either -- so the hot chocolate is her cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete