Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Maryglenn McCombs & Garcia

FROM THE ARCHIVES:

From a 2009 Q & A with Maryglenn McCombs and Garcia, her now-departed Old English Sheepdog:
How did Garcia come to be united with you?

Oh, I hate to admit it, but I bought Garcia from a breeder. I’ve always been a dog lover and do lots of rescue work with our local humane association, but feel a little guilty about having bought a dog when there are so many wonderful homeless animals available for adoption and waiting for good homes. I grew up around Sheepdogs and knew that I wanted a Sheepdog of my own. When I got Garcia, I didn’t even know there was such a thing as a breed-specific rescue. Do I feel guilty? A little. If I could go back in time and change it? Not on your life.

How did Garcia get his name?

I named Garcia after one of my heroes, Jerry Garcia. When Garcia has his full coat, I swear...[read on]
Maryglenn McCombs, a 1993 graduate of Vanderbilt University, has been actively working in the book publishing industry for over 10 years. During that time she has been involved with literally hundreds of books.

Now she offers targeted book publicity for a wide variety of authors. Visit her website.


--Marshal Zeringue

No comments:

Post a Comment