Friday, August 20, 2010

Chelsey Andrews & Angus

Who is in the photo at right?

My name is Chelsey Andrews. I'm a mostly stay at home mama to an 8 month old, Laureli... but, I also have a couple of Etsy shops where I sell paper crowns, cards and photo prints (The Paper Lady Shop and The Paper Mama Shop). I run a couple of blogs during my baby's nap time: The Paper Mama and The Paper Lady. My little furry son, Angus, is a long haired Chihuahua and is almost 4-years-old.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

Mike, Laureli, Angus, and I were taking a little walk to the dog park. On our way back we decided to stop and enjoy some tea and doughnuts!

What's brewing?

Well, I'm not really a coffee drinker, but I do love caffeine! Iced Tazo Zen tea is what we had today. Yum!!!

Any goodies to go with the coffee?

Oh yes. A yummy little pink doughnut and a glazed chocolate doughnut.

Any treat for Angus on this occasion?

No, just a drink of water. He's so little that any treat is like a whole meal for him!

How were you and Angus united?

While my hubby went to school in Spokane, WA I met a breeder that lived in Idaho. We met all her little Chihuahua's and Angus was dancing at our feet while all the other dogs ran around the yard. I went home and couldn't stop thinking about how sweet he was. We called her a couple days later and told we had to get him. The best decision.

How did Angus get his name?

Does he have any aliases? Mike just picked it out. It just stuck! Angus does go by many other names. I'll just list a few: Boo-gee, Shmooga, Booga, Manga, Bonga, Ang-ee, Maingus, and well... just any sort of sound with a "g" in it.

Cat, squirrel, postman...?

Angus does not even care. We always try and get him excited to see squirrels and cats... nothing. He just looks and keeps walking.

Frisbee, squeaky-toy, stick...?

My sister (she lives in New Zealand) sent him a little stuffed Kiwi bird. It makes Kiwi sounds when you squeeze it. He loves it!

Where is Angus's favorite place for an outing?

Anywhere out of the house. All we need to say is, "Angus, are you ready to go?" and he get's all excited. He's excited wherever we take him.

Who are Angus' best pet-pals?

My mom's dogs: Pepper and Farley. Angus does not really like our cats. They like to swat at him! My baby thinks Angus is the funniest thing on the planet. Angus does not really like her though. He tries to stay just out of reach of her.

If Angus could change one thing about your cats, what would it be?

Their size. Princess is about 10 pounds and Pistachio is about 20 pounds. If they weighed less then 6 pounds I think he would love it!

What is Angus's best quality?

He is so sweet. Yes, he can be a poop and has many accidents in the house (grrr) but, he is one of the sweetest dogs ever. He LOVES people. He loves to cuddle and be pet.

What is Angus' proudest moment? His most embarrassing?

His proudest moment: When he jumped up on the sofa all by himself. His most embarrassing: When he went to drink out of a man-made lake and fell right in! Luckily he had his halter and leash on. I just pulled him up like I caught a fish!

--Marshal Zeringue