Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Linda Morrow & Eddy

Who is in the photo at right?

My name is Linda Morrow and I'm a wedding, special event, maternity and newborn photographer in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. My company is Linda Morrow Photography.

My dog, Eddy, is a 14-year-old Shih-Tzu.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?


I live in Wyndmoor, PA which is right outside a really cute part of Philadelphia called Chestnut Hill. My husband, Eddy and I went for a little stroll on Sunday morning to enjoy the day.

What's brewing?


I'm all about Mighty Leaf Vanilla Bean Tea and my husband loves Colombian coffee. Eddy is a water only kind of gal.

How were you and Eddy united?

I brought Eddy home when she was just 8 weeks old. She was 4 lbs. and could fit in the palm of my hand. She's still so small that sometimes people think she's a puppy ... a really cranky puppy.

Any treat for Eddy on this occasion?

Eddy always gets a treat when we get home from walks ... she's very partial to Beggin' Strips and gets Greenies on special occasions!

You've got some great photos of dogs and brides on your website and blog: which are more difficult to photograph?

Definitely dogs are more difficult. Brides don't run at you once you put them into position. Photographing my dog is especially challenging since she loves turning away from the camera on purpose. She's an evil genius you see!

I really love including pets in portrait sessions though. I've done several recent maternity sessions that have included the family dog. I love it when people see their pets as a member of their family. They bring so much to our lives every day.

How did Eddy get her name? Does she have any nicknames?


Eddy is named after a character on a BBC show called Absolutely Fabulous. Her full name is Edina. As for nicknames, when Eddy was a puppy, a couple came over to order their wedding photos. They had a little girl who was fascinated with Eddy. She was just learning to walk but chased Eddy around the dining room table saying "Dog Dog" "Dog Dog." It kind of stuck. We still call her that today. My husband also calls her "Little Miss" (with a bit of a southern accent...and he's not southern). It's wildly cute.

Squirrel, cat, postman...?


She used to really make an effort chasing after birds or squirrels for at least 10 feet, but now that she's older she'll actually stay on her bed in my office and bark when someone comes in the door. It's kind of the Lazy Dog's Guide to Security!

Tennis ball, Frisbee, squeaky-toy...?

Her favorite toy is a Garfield that says "Play Nice" on the front (she enjoys the irony).

Where is Eddy's favorite place for an outing?

Eddy loves to walk in our neighborhood. About a 1/2 hour before my husband gets home from work, she'll suddenly wake up and start pacing around the house. She waits anxiously for him so we can go on "the walk" when he gets home.

Who is Eddy's best pet-pal?

I'm not sure Eddy even realizes she's not human. She doesn't know what these other fuzzy creatures are, but her owner had better not pet one of them!

What is Eddy's most endearing quality?

Love, love, love. Eddy always happily greets me at the door and snuggles with me when I was sick. She's a great friend!

If Eddy could change one thing about you, what would it be?

She'd probably wish I didn't notice when she was faking having to go out just to get a treat. Sometimes she'll just stand on the patio for a while and think she's pulling one over on me. Nice try!

What is Eddy's proudest moment? Her most embarrassing?

She's quite the party animal. Here's a photo [at left] from Eddy at my bachelorette party.

I'd tell you stories but I'm sworn to secrecy!

Visit
the official Linda Morrow Photography website and see Morrow's photo-post "Having a baby? Worried about your pet’s feelings?" at her blog.

--Marshal Zeringue