Monday, June 25, 2012

Linda & Cinnamon

I am Linda -- I work in a nursing home in Washington state.

My dog's name is Cinnamon. She is a female -- not breed specific ... part Shar Pei and Pit bull.

Cinnamon was a rescue, but not in the typical sense. A friend of Jeff's left for Afghanistan. Cinnamon became his dog in 2008. She is 5 years old.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

I have to stop here and laugh just a little. There are 15 Starbucks locations in our local area. After all this is Washington -- the home to Starbucks, not counting all the independent coffee shacks (huts). We love our coffee. We don't really care where the coffee comes from as long as we can get it hot and fast, whether on the way to the dog sitter or on the way to the park.

Yes, Cinnamon goes to a dog sitter while I work; she loves it there and her cousins are there too.

What's brewing?

French Vanilla straight up. At home or on the way to work.

Any treats for you or Cinnamon on this occasion?

Ice Cream. She knows when we are in the drive through she is going to get a Ice Cream cone.

Cinnamon's favorite treat is Duck Tenders from Pet Smart.

How did Cinnamon get her name? Any aliases?

Cinnamon's name is the same as her fur coloring -- cinnamon.

Nicknames: Cinnamon Spice or The Pooper; we even call her Cinny sometimes.

How were you and Cinnamon united?

I was born in Southern California and remarried after my husband passed away from lung cancer in 2004 at 49 years old.

I made my first trip to Seattle to see my sister on Camano Island. Three years later I moved here. I met Cinnamon's dad Jeff while working. Jeff told me had a Pit Bull and I did not want to meet her. I had a pre-determined mind set.

That didn't last long and we are best buddies now. Oh, and her kissing me on the first meeting didn't hurt either.

So it goes to show you not all dogs are what you might think.

Squirrel, postman, cat...?

Cinnamon isn't interested in squirrels or cats or the post man. She did chase a raccoon once.

Squeaky-toy, ball, boomerang...?

Squeaky toys even though she rips them apart.

What is Cinnamon's best quality?

I can honestly say she loves everyone! She will walk up to anyone to get a pat on the head.

Jeff has taken her to work with him, and she runs around the office stopping to visit each and every employee.

He has also taken her to Safeco field when his company is doing a exhibit there. She runs around and has a great time there.

What is Cinnamon's proudest moment?

She automatically knows when the frig door is open. Once she had diarrhea in Jeff's work truck, too.

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which Cinnamon could speak, which actor should do her voice?

First I would say Johnny Depp; but we better make her a female voice so I would say Meryl Streep.

Visit Cinnamon's blog.

--Marshal Zeringue

1 comment:

  1. Awwe! We love Cinnamon. She is such a sweetie and it was nice to get to know more about her and her Momma. :) Great interview!

    ReplyDelete