Friday, November 16, 2012

Kristina Zambrano & Kovack

Who is in the photo at right?

In the picture is me, Kristina Zambrano, and my dog, Kovack.  I'm a pet photographer. Kovack is a 7-year-old golden retriever.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

I usually don’t drink coffee when I take Kovack to the park but this time actually was a golden retriever meet-up and we have snacks and drinks (I already drank mine when I got my photo taken).

What's brewing?

Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha.

Any treats for you or Kovack on this occasion?

Sure, we have a dog treat and human treats.

How were you and Kovack united?

Let’s say he came just at the right time when I need it the most. I had loss my 3-month-old Siberian husky puppy, who was killed by a veterinarian. So my parents made arrangements for me to get a mysterious envelope on my birthday, and the envelope said meet at 5pm and get me a name ... Oh it was the most wonderful b-day I ever had.

How did Kovack get his name? Any nicknames?

We made a sort of clerk (the kind of Catholic Pope does to choose their new Pope?): we gathered many theme names. He was to be named after a TV series character. We had to go with the flow so since my family are pretty much Doctors (MD) and the other half Engineers; we choose The X-Files and ER TV shows for names ... Kovack’s dog momma was named Dana (X-Files) and his Dad was named by a monarchy Kings (Angus). We had several names such as Mulder, Skinner, Doe, Krycek etc etc; for the other side Carter, Noah, Luka, Green, Kovac. So I looked at the meanings of those names and there he was--Kovac(k): almighty visitor from the 4 elements, fire, water, air and air ...and his name was chosen ... Nicknames: oh yes, we call him the Croatian, Mr. Fuzzy pants, the blondy, Galan (Handsome in Spanish).

Cat, postman, squirrel...?

Poodles ... yep, he hates them and we don’t even know why.

Ball, squeaky-toy, stick...?

Wilson’s, tug ropes, did I mentioned he loves Wilson’s Balls? ... He kinda obsessed with those balls.

Does Kovack have a favorite place to go for walk?

Yes--parks. He loves a good romp at the park, the bigger the better ...

Who is Kovack's best pet-pal?

A cocker spaniel named Irusha, a Yorkie named Dino, and a Rottweiler and a Dalmatian (I keep always forgetting their names).

What is Kovack's best quality?

I so totally think he was a Runaway model in his past life or a Celebrity; really, you get the camera out and he’s ready to pose...

If Kovack could change one thing about you, what would it be?

He already did ... now I am a volunteer photographer at the local rescue to help those lonely furry hearts in need.

What is your dog's proudest moment?

He hasn't had one...yet.

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which Kovack could talk, who should voice him?

Definitely Tom Hanks or Robin Williams.

Visit Kristina Zambrano's website and the [K9] Studio • Photography website and blog.

--Marshal Zeringue

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the interview Marshall :D lovely to be part of your coffee with a canine blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woof! Woof! Kristina and Kovack. Great interview and Golden Thanks for sharing. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete