Monday, September 15, 2014

Michelle Rae & Eva

Who is in the photo at right?

This is a picture of me and my ten-year-old Jack Russell Terrier, Eva, on my wedding day at the Richard Nixon Library in Yorba Linda, California. We had to have written permission from the government to have her there that day. My name is Michelle, a Midwest girl living in Southern California. Most of my week is spent working in the training department at the Disneyland Resort. In my spare time, I explore the world one place and dish at a time and share my adventures on This Traveler Heart of Mine.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

We're celebrating Eva's 10th birthday. I typically don't do anything for her birthday, but I figured she made it a decade I should do something special.

What's brewing?

I'll be having some of my husband's cold brew iced coffee with milk and just a tad of Truvia. He does a 12 hour cold-brewing process. I even made some Cold Brew Chocolate Chip Coffee Cupcakes out of them a few weeks ago.

Any treats for you or Eva on this occasion?

Well, it is her birthday, so yes! I made her Carrot and Peanut Butter Pupcakes and some Carrot and Peanut Butter Cookies.

[photo left: Eva today celebrating her 10th birthday. Don't worry that is carob not chocolate.]

How did Eva get her name? Any nicknames?

I'm a bit embarrassed by this, but the lady that I got her from grunted when she picked up Eva and it sort of sounded like Eva to me. That was her name from that moment on.

How were you and Eva united?

Eva is the first dog I have had on my own as an adult. When I was looking for a dog I had my heart set on a Jack Russell Terrier. I tried my best to find a Jack in the shelter, but had no luck so I went to a breeder. She's been my baby ever since!

Who is Eva's best pet-pal?

Well... me of course, but a second close would have to be my husband. He is lucky enough to take her to work every day. It's fantastic to not have to worry about rushing home to take her outside.

Where is Eva's favorite outdoor destination?

Without a doubt it is the beach. The first time her paws hit the sand as a puppy she just ran in circles full of joy. Today, if I even just casually mention the word beach on accident she will get really excited and I feel super guilty that we aren't headed to her favorite place.

[photo right: beach, Halloween 2007]

Squeaky toy, ball, stick...?

Don't need to think about this one: ball. She is obsessive over these. Nothing else in life matters.

Cat, postman, squirrel...?

Birdie.

What is Eva's best quality?

I really love Eva's happy-go-lucky nature. Her tail is constantly wagging. If it's not wagging I get concerned that something is wrong.

If Eva could change one thing about you, what would it be?

I imagine that if she had her choice she would want me to cook her "real" food every day like chicken or steak instead of dry dog food.

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which Eva could speak, which actor should do her voice?

I've always thought Eva might have a slight accent if she could speak, so I'm going to with Scottish actress Karen Gillan from Dr. Who and Guardians of the Galaxy. But, I wouldn't want her to use her fake American accent, it's just too weird. I'd mainly pick her so I could meet Amelia (Amy) Pond - I mean Karen.

If Eva could answer only one question in English, what would you ask her?

Hmm, I've fantasized about the ability to talk to animals my entire life. Some kids want the superpower to fly or have x-ray vision, but I just desperately wanted to talk to my animals. I'd probably ask her what makes her the happiest so I could make sure that I was doing those things the most. However, I'm pretty sure I know her answer would be endless scratchies and frequent trips to the beach.

Visit the This Traveler Heart of Mine blog.

--Marshal Zeringue

1 comment:

  1. How lucky for you,Eva, that you got to go to your mom's wedding and at such an unusual place, you are special.

    ReplyDelete