Thursday, January 29, 2015

Allie Echeverria & Frank

Who is in the photo at right?

My name is Allie Echeverria. I blog at In Shape Out of Mind. This is my dog Frank. He's a Dachshund Catahoula Leopard Dog mix and almost a year and a half old.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

I start every morning off with caffeine and Frank by my side.

What's brewing?

I make a delicious morning protein shake using Icebox Coffee. One scoop of chocolate protein powder (I used Optimum Nutrition Extreme Chocolate), 2 oz of Icebox Coffee (either New Orleans Blend or Madagascar Vanilla), creatine powder (optional), cold water and shake together.

Any treats for you or Frank on this occasion?

This is my breakfast. Frank chows down on Nature's Logic kibble with a Stella & Chewy's meat patty on top.

How were you and Frank united?

I googled Dachshund rescue groups in the south last summer and found Getalong Dachshund Rescue. Frank was one of the dogs they rescued and had in a foster home. The amazing people at Getalong transported Frank from Louisiana to me in Atlanta and we've been best pals ever since.

How did your dog get his name? Any aliases?

Frank's foster name was Frankie. I wasn't a big fan of his name but he has bright blue eyes like Frank Sinatra so I dropped the -ie and named him after Ole Blue Eyes.

Cat, postman, squirrel...?

Frank has a love/hate relationship with his cousin Toby the cat.

Ball, squeaky-toy, stick...?

Frank loves his glow in the dark ball and his plush squeaky bones [photo left].

Where is Frank's favorite outdoor destination?

Frank's favorite outdoor destination is the Piedmont Park dog park. He really dislikes the Atlanta Beltline but we're working on getting over that.

Who is Frank's best pet-pal?

photo credit: Denise from Mongrel Mania
photo credit: Denise from Mongrel Mania
Frank's best-pal is his cousin Marley. She's a golden retriever and Frank thinks he is one too.

Shhh... don't tell him otherwise.

What is Frank's best quality?

Frank's best quality is his capacity for love.

He had a pretty rough start in life, but now he knows that he is surrounded by people and animals who love him, and he shows us double that love in return.

If Frank could change one thing about you, what would it be?

He would make me calm down. I have trouble just sitting around and I'm always on the move. Frank just wants to cuddle on the couch.

If Frank could answer only one question in English, what would you ask him?

Are you allergic to chicken? (We're trying to figure out if he has a food allergy.)

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which Frank could speak, who should voice him?

Keanu Reeves.

Visit the In Shape Out of Mind blog.

--Marshal Zeringue

No comments:

Post a Comment