Thursday, November 26, 2015

Lauren Schmidt & Gypsy Marie

Who is in the photo at right?

I am Lauren Schmidt, a fashion and lifestyle blogger and founder of www.GypsyMarie.com, an entrepreneur, author, model and photographer. I live each day doing what I love!

Gypsy Marie, 1.5 years old long- haired chiweenie residing in beautiful Scottsdale, AZ. Gypsy is a socially savvy diva with a big heart and an even bigger personality. When she isn’t flirting and showing off her fluffy tail she is taking naps cuddled up to her favorite furry toy.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

Gypsy and I had a coffee date on our way to a local dog park.

Any treats for you or Gypsy Marie on this occasion?

A coffee date always consists of treats for Gypsy and me. We stopped at a Starbucks before making way to the park and Gypsy got her absolute favorite, a puppuccino, and I got a salted Caramel mocha. Tis The Season for delicious treats and walks through the park!

How were you and Gypsy Marie united?

Gypsy & I were united when I made a trip to a local no kill shelter. I wasn’t necessarily looking to adopt right away but sometimes things are just meant to be. I asked an employee if I could play with her outside of the kennel she shared with two other dogs and as soon as I picked her up she went from stiff and scared to relaxed and calm. Holding her was the moment I knew that I needed her and she needed me and the rest was history.

How did your dog get her name? Any aliases?

My dog got her name from her playful and warm-hearted spirit. She is a lover, a wanderer and has a free spirit.

Cat, postman, squirrel...?

She loves everyone and anything except for spiders and crickets. She loves the postman, has a fascination with cats and wishes she could have a squirrel for a BFF.

Ball, squeaky-toy, stick...?

All the above! My dog loves toys! She is not picky when it comes her to toys however her inner diva does come out when she has to share with her fellow canine friends.

Where is Gypsy's favorite outdoor destination?

Gypsy's favorite outdoor destination is definitely the beach! She loves to play in the sand and chase after seagulls.

Who is Gypsy's best pet-pal?

Gypsy Marie has two best pals. Urie is a big beautiful male Lab that she loves to visit in California. They love to go on walks together and have play dates! Her other furry friend is an 11-year-old Blue Russian male cat named Miles. You can often find Gypsy and Miles napping and watching TV together.

What is Gypsy's best quality?

Gypsy’s best quality is her unconditional love. I find myself taking her with me when I run errands and go shopping. People love to interact with her whether it’s just to say hi or to pet her; these interactions generate smiles on faces, and it's priceless and also amazing to witness.

If Gypsy could change one thing about Arizonans, what would it be?

Gypsy thinks that there is a crazy amount of awful drivers in Arizona and would like that to change.

If Gypsy could answer only one question in English, what would you ask her?

I would ask her how I have done as a mom and if I could improve on anything? I would also thank her for rescuing me. The quote that always resonates with me is, “Who rescued who?”

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which Gypsy Marie could speak, who should voice her?

I definitely think my dog is naturally sarcastic and has a sense of humor based on her daily dose of comedic acts that she does on the reg. I would definitely say Amy Schumer would be the perfect voice to represent her.

What advice would Gypsy Marie give if asked?

Be true to yourself, do what you love, be kind and empathetic of others and stay fierce and fabulous because you are a star and you were meant to shine!

Visit the Gypsy Marie Fashion & Lifestyle blog.

--Marshal Zeringue

1 comment: