Thursday, February 11, 2016

Kasie Chelanne & Lola

Who is in the photo at right?

Hello, I'm Kasie. I work in the non-profit sector in sunny Los Angeles and blog at Musings on Momentum. My furry friend Lola is a six, soon to be seven, year old Puggle.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

I generally make my own coffee at home. Lola loves any excuse to be in the kitchen and is always excited to help out with the process.

What's brewing?

You will normally find me drinking espresso from our espresso machine. I'm not picky about brand, though being originally from Seattle I do have a soft spot for Starbucks!

Any goodies to go with the coffee?

I often enjoy a slice of my favorite homemade gluten free berry crumble along with my espresso. If Lola has behaved herself during the brewing process she will get a treat once my coffee is ready.

How were you and Lola united?

During my last quarter of college I began the search for a furry friend through various pet adoption and rescue agencies in Seattle. Along the way I came across a little Puggle who had been rescued from a puppy mill. Though I was not chosen to be that Puggle's mom, I fell in love with the breed and knew they were the right pups for me. I began researching Puggles and found Lola a few weeks later.

Lola was the runt of her litter and by the time I met her she had all but been abandoned by her mother. She was so small when I brought her home. In fact she fit in the palm of my hand (and I have really small hands)!

Lola quickly bonded to me as her "mom" and it was clear we were meant to be from day one. We have the same personality...she is clearly my child!

Any treats for Lola on this occasion?

Always! Lola enjoys all foods but particularly loves Charlie Bear treats from Trader Joe's.

How did Lola get her name? Does she have any nicknames?

I came up with a lit of several names for a puppy before I got Lola. Her name was on the list and the second I met her I knew it was the perfect fit for her. She has many nicknames...her main one is Lolabee because she once wore a little bee costume for Halloween.

Tennis ball, stick, squeaky-toy...?

Lola adores squeaky toys! She has developed quite the collection of furry friends. Her favorite activity is defeating their squeakers before ripping them open.

Postman, cat, squirrel...?

Squirrel! Lola is quite intrigued by squirrels and loves to chase them up trees during her walks.

Where is Lola's favorite place for an outing?

We live right at the base of Runyon Canyon in Los Angeles. Lola loves to run around off leash and climb to the highest of high reaches of the canyon.

Who is Lola's best pet-pal?

Lola's best friend is Bowser, a Beagle and French Bulldog mix who she grew up with. They are quite the dynamic duo.

What is Lola's most endearing quality?

Lola really loves to snuggle up with people. Her capacity for love always cancels out any mischievous behavior.

If Lola could change one thing about Californians, what would it be?

She would ask them if they could please eat less healthy food because it doesn't make for the best table scraps. More meat please!

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which Lola could speak, who should voice her?

Ellen Degeneres! Nobody else possesses the level of sarcasm and sass necessary to voice Lola.

If Lola could answer only one question in English, what would you ask her?

Why must you put everything in your mouth?

Visit the Musings on Momentum blog and Twitter perch.

--Marshal Zeringue

2 comments: