Saturday, November 4, 2017

Lynne Constantine & Greyson

Who is in the photo at right?

That's me, Lynne Constantine, and Greyson.

How were you and Greyson united?

We were actually on a list with two rescue sites for a golden retriever. My beloved golden, Tucker, was ill and our kids begged us to get a dog to keep him company and to help with the transition when he passed. I got an email that there was a three-month-old silver lab available asking if we were interested. My husband and I talked about it before telling the kids, and he went to meet him. He Facetimed me from the rescue and as soon as I saw him I knew he was for us. We picked him up a week later and he and Tucker, our golden got to play together for six weeks before we had to say goodbye to Tucker.

How did your dog get his name? Any aliases?

He was called Ash when we got him, and we decided it sounded too much like another not so nice word. We through lists of names until our kids both decided that since he is a gray color, Greyson would be a good name for him. He sometimes answers to no no no, stop chewing that, or please don’t bite me.

Does Greyson do more to help or hinder your writing?

At this puppy stage, definitely hinders. However, Tucker was by my side when I wrote all my books to date (and he was a tough puppy) so I have hope that when Greyson matures, he will take his place next to me in my office.

Has Grayson inspired the creation of any fictional dogs?

Not yet. But if I have any plots that include a dog that shreds paper – he’s in.

Cat, postman, rabbit…?

Yes, yes, yes as well as other dogs, reflections in the glass that look like other dogs, animals on television and anyone wearing a hat or hoodie. All inspire ferocious barking out of character with his adorable face.

Ball, squeaky-toy, stick…?

Loves them all as well as socks, shoes, cardboard, scarves….

What is Greyson’s best quality?

His exuberance. He embraces life whole-heartedly and goes after everything with gusto.

If Greyson could change one thing about you, what would it be?

That I would be more flexible about letting him leap into our bed at night. Maybe when he calms down a little.

Visit Lynne Constantine's website. Learn more about The Last Mrs. Parrish: A Novel by Liv Constantine (the pen name of sisters Lynne Constantine and Valerie Constantine).

--Marshal Zeringue

1 comment: