Thursday, August 28, 2014

Amy Kirk & Jasmine and Coco

Who is in the photo at right?

This is a photo of Jasmine, my tweeny Dachshund, and Coco (a Chug).

None of us are spring chickens, Jasmine is going on 9 and Coco is 11. I'm not telling my age; we are all ladies.

The human in the photo is me, Amy Kirk. I am foremost a Mom and wife...I also run a small teaching farm named Novellas Farm.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

No excuse, we always take a breather at the end of the day when chores are done, helps to refresh us for the evening.

What's brewing?

I'm enjoying a plain old fashioned cup of coffee. Ruta Maya, organic, fair trade...prepared in a French press. Sweetened with raw sugar and laced with my cows' sweet raw milk topped with cinnamon. Yummm!!

No, the girls are not allowed coffee.

Any treats for you or your dogs on this occasion?

Just the pleasure of each others company.

How did your dogs get their names? Any aliases?

My daughter named Jasmine, after the flower and the Princess from Aladdin. Coco got her name because my son who had verbal Apraxia could pronounce it...fits her pretty well.

Aliases are Jazzy Jazz, and Coco Girl.

How were you and Coco and Jasmine united?

We acquired Jasmine, my sister knew someone who claimed to be allergic and was looking to rehome her. She offered Jasmine to us, (I had another Dachshund named Pork Chop in my earlier life)... so we got her!

Coco came home in a cardboard box; my husband got her as a puppy for the kids.

Squirrel, postman, cat....?

Cats and squirrels... mainly squirrels.

Squeaky-toy, ball, stick...?

Jasmine loves a good bone, Coco not so much -- she mainly likes to be loved.

Who are your dogs' best pet-pals?

Each other!

What is each dog's best quality?

Cocos' best quality is her courage. Jasmine's would have to be her cheerful disposition.

If Coco and Jasmine could change one thing about you, what would it be?

A looser hand with the food...

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which your dogs could speak, which actors should do their voices?

Coco would be voiced by Ellen DeGeneres. Jasmine would be voiced by Elle Fanning.

If Coco and Jasmine could answer only one question in English, what would you ask them?

I'm assuming I get 2 since there are 2 dogs. I would ask Coco how the whole dog year thing works.

I would ask Jasmine what she intends to do with the squirrel if she catches it.

Visit the Novellas Farm website.

--Marshal Zeringue

1 comment:

  1. What a charming duo. If mine ever actually caught a squirrel I'm sure they would ask me to peel it, stuff it with treats (like a kong) and then roast it with a bit of rosemary and garlic. Oh yea, make a little gravy to too. :)

    ReplyDelete