Monday, December 29, 2014

Adrienne & Lola

Who is in the photo at right?

My name is Adrienne and I am a Director of Social Media and the writer and creator of the blog Jersey Girl Talk.

My dog's name is Lola (aka Lola Beans) and she is a 3 year old Yorkie.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

Lola loves to go for a "ride" and usually we will go to a Starbuck's drive through so that she can have a little adventure in the car, some fresh air, and I can get some much needed coffee.

What's brewing?

My go to drink is a skim cappuccino topped with cinnamon.

Any goodies to go with the coffee?

I always carry protein bars with me at all times in the event I need a quick, healthy, high protein snack.

How were you and Lola united?

Lola joined our family when she was just 3 months old. We got her and life has never been the same. She brings everyone in our family so much love, laughs and puppy kisses.

Any treats for Lola on this occasion?

I make sure all of her treats are all natural. I like to get some from my local grooming salon; they have a puppy bakery. She also loves cheese so when she is good I give her string cheese and she loves that.

How did Lola get her name? Does she have any nicknames?

We allowed everyone at dinner the night we brought her home the option to pick a name. When we heard Lola we said "that's it!"

She also goes by Lola Beans, Lola Bean.

Tennis ball, stick, squeaky-toy...?

She loves all toys, I have to say. Her puppy bed is filled with them all. Each toy has its own name (I give it to them and repeat it over and over to her) and anytime I call out a name she goes to get that exact toy. She has over 25 memorized by now. She has two favorites currently: her baby lion and her doughnut.

Postman, cat, squirrel...?

Other animals do not phase Lola. She pays them no mind. I think she has only child syndrome. She does however love children. If she hears kids laughing or giggling she runs right up to them.

Where is Lola's favorite place for an outing?

Lola loves to go in the car. If you say "do you want to go for a ride?" her ears go up and she starts to run around in circles. Anywhere in the car she loves.

Who is Lola's best pet-pal?

Sadly she doesn't have one. She is a bit timid with other dogs, even though I have tried to introduce her to dog parks. She is only 6 pounds, so most dogs overpower her and she gets frightened.

What is Lola's most endearing quality?

She is a sweetheart. She truly loves with all her little body. She will give kisses on command and loves to just sit on your legs and cuddle with you watching TV.

If Lola could change one thing about New Jerseyans, what would it be?

She would probably tell them to be in less of a rush and to enjoy the little things in life. We are very high stress, always on the go and always so busy. Lola would tell people to stop and smell the roses more.

What is Lola's proudest moment? Most embarrassing?

Anytime she does something that Mommy or Daddy would tell her "Good Girl" for. She loves to get praise and is always trying to please us. I did bring her to my office once at all my coworkers were so excited to meet her. She was loved by all and just had a great time.

Most embarrassing? I'm not sure if she has one.

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which Lola could speak, who should voice her?

Lola would likely have a childish, cute girl's voice. I don't know many young actresses right now so I can't say for sure. In my mind Lola would have a cute giggly girly voice, very sweet just like she is.

Visit the Jersey Girl Talk blog.

--Marshal Zeringue

1 comment: