Thursday, May 5, 2016

Brooklyn Schugar & Rex

Who is in the photo at right?

That's me, Brooklyn Schugar, and my standard poodle, Rex, 5 years old.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

We ran out of milk today and me, my parents, and Rex walked to the closest coffee shop where we could also order breakfast. Usually if the weather permits we take Rex everywhere with us. This particular coffee shop allows dogs inside.

What's brewing?

My parents had lattes.

Any treats for you or Rex on this occasion?

I had a BLT + egg crumpet sandwich. The crumpets at Queen Bee are made fresh daily. In the past I have ordered a crumpet with butter and jam, which is a delicious treat for me.

How were you and Rex united?

A friend of my mom’s thought he would be perfect for our family. My dad and grandma went to go see him, then came home and showed us pictures. The next day my Dad picked him up and my mom loved him from day one. Everyone did. He was trained and would listen at 8 months old.

How did your dog get his name? Any aliases?

I asked my Grandma, "What I should name my dog?" She suggested “Rex" and I loved that name.


Ball, squeaky-toy, stick…?

Rex does not fetch a ball, but will play with a squeaky- stuffed-toy.

Who is Rex's best pet-pal?

Not sure, all I know is he will play with other dogs at the dog park.

What is Rex's best quality?

He listens, and knows how to do a few tricks.

Who is Rex's best non-pet pal?

Me! He sleeps in my room.

Where is Rex's favorite outdoor destination?

The off leash dog park.

If Rex could change one thing about you, what would it be?

He would want me to give him more treats and take him for longer walks.

If Rex could answer only one question in English, what would you ask him?

Are you sick of me and mommy hugging and kissing you all time?

What advice would Rex give if asked?

He would say, calm down, chill out everything will be OK.

Visit the Styling Brooklyn website.

--Marshal Zeringue

No comments:

Post a Comment