Thursday, June 23, 2016

Frances Caballo & Dixie

Who is in the photo at right?

The beautiful dog is Dixie, a rescued Labrador retriever. I’m Frances Caballo, the other person, and I run a social media marketing business.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

I have coffee or tea with Dixie every day. I run my business from a home office so Dixie always goes to work with me and takes breaks when I do.

What's brewing?

Normally, I drink tea although there are times when I go to a favorite coffee house – Aroma Roasters in Santa Rosa – and get a decaf latte with either soy or almond milk. I stay away form the big brand coffee shops.

Any treats for you or Dixie on this occasion?

Dixie loves cooked vegetables and she loves to lick peanut butter from my fingertip. I like gluten-free treats.

How were you and Dixie united?

I’d been fostering for Golden Gate Labrador Retriever Rescue for several years and Dixie came to me as a foster. I couldn’t believe it when I saw her. She weighed 100 lbs. (she’s now at 58 pounds, which is her ideal weight) and could only walk one-quarter of a mile. If she tried to jump, she’d collapse. Now she runs and jumps easily.

How did your dog get her name? Any aliases?

Dixie was eight when she came into my life so I didn’t want to change her name at that point. She has quite a few aliases: Dixie Chick, Dixie Cup, Dix, Dizarrella, Dixie Mae, Dixie Pixie, and when I want to get her attention, Dixie Trixie.

Does Dixie have a role at Social Media Just for Writers HQ?

Absolutely! People see her in Google Hangouts and on Skype, and she’s on my website in the About section and in the banner image on my Facebook profile. Plus, I created a card I used to send to clients that has Dixie’s picture on it. Finally, she stays in my office while I work. My job would be boring and more stressful if I didn’t have Dixie with me.

Cat, postman, squirrel...?

Dixie doesn’t have an aggressive streak. She loves everyone and everything, including cats.

Ball, squeaky-toy, stick...?

Dixie was used to breed puppies and was crated a lot. Consequently, she doesn’t know how to play or retrieve a ball or stick.

Who is Dixie's best pet-pal?

Eddy, a basset hound, is her best pet pal.

What is Dixie's best quality?

Do I have to select just one? She’s loving and sweet, never barks, and loves everyone.

If Dixie could change one thing about Californians, what would it be?

There would be an end to backyard breeding.

If Dixie could answer only one question in English, what would you ask her?

How did you become so loving toward everyone?

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which Dixie could speak, who should voice her?

Meryl Streep.

What advice would Dixie give if asked?

Take more naps. You’ll feel better.

Visit the Social Media Just for Writers website.

--Marshal Zeringue

2 comments:

  1. Dixie sounds very special. I used to work from home before retiring and I know how comforting it is to have a loyal four legged co-worker.

    ReplyDelete