Monday, June 13, 2016

Meredith Mennitt & Watson

Who is in the photo at right?

There's Meredith Mennitt (F/30s/English German mutt) and Watson (M/3/long-haired dachshund). I, Meredith, am a book editor and artist. I especially love painting and printmaking! Watson is my muse and artistic director.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

Mid-walk stop at an outdoor cafe. Little dachshund legs need lots of breaks during hot summer walks.

What's brewing?

An iced coffee with milk for me and a bowl of water (sans ice) for Watson. If there's ice in the water bowl he will try to dig the ice out and make a mess.

Any treats for you or Watson on this occasion?

No, but we'll probably hit up Mr. Softee on the way home for a small vanilla cone to share.

How were you and Watson united?

I wanted a dachshund since I was a kid and a couple years ago the combination of my birthday and a breakup (cliche, I know) made me go for it. Fantastic decision!

How did your dog get his name? Any aliases?

I wanted my dog to be my city sidekick & who's the ultimate sidekick? Dr. Watson of Sherlock Holmes fame! It suits him & I like the literary nod.

His nickname is "The Little Prince" because he constantly demands attention, admiration, and liver snaps. Also "Wats" and "The Doge."

Does Watson do more to help or hinder your art?

Definitely help! He has posed for portraits [left] and often reminds me to step back and take breaks when working.

Cat, postman, squirrel...?

Postman = pure evil! If it weren't for Watson, Linda, our lovely postwoman, would have murdered me for sure.

Ball, squeaky-toy, stick...?

Ball, preferably one filled with a liver snap.

Who is Watson's best pet-pal?

Fiona, my cat. He loves her and she (barely) tolerates him.

What is Watson's best quality?

He can always make me laugh! He's very smart and I swear we have the same sense of humor.

If Watson could change one thing about New Yorkers, what would it be?

That they slow down! Everyone is in such a hurry!

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which Watson could speak, who should voice him?

Oooh tough one! Maybe a silly voice Hank Azaria would dream up.

What advice would Watson give if asked?

"Supreme confidence always!"

Visit Meredith Mennitt's website.

--Marshal Zeringue

No comments:

Post a Comment