Monday, October 11, 2010

Kathy & Milou

Who is in the photo at right?

My name is Kathy and I am a former stay at home mom. I say former, because our son is grown now, but I still don't work outside of the home. I love to read and blog about the books I've read on my blog - Bermudaonion's Weblog. Milou (pronounced Me - lou) is a female (spayed) Jack Russell Terrier who will be 15 at the end of the year.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

Relaxing and/or reading on the front porch.

What's brewing?

I don't drink a lot of hot drinks, so my drink of choice would be Buffalo Rock Ginger Ale. They don't sell it in our part of the country, so I have to stock up when I visit Alabama.

Any goodies to go with the coffee?

I had trouble coming up with something so I asked my family and they said, "Olives!" I do love olives and cheese.

How did Milou come to join your household?

Our son begged for a dog when we lived in France, but we felt the time wasn't right since we lived in a small, second story apartment. After we returned to the US, we put him off as long as we could, but finally gave in to his begging. We bought Milou from an old man out in the country, outside of Charlotte, NC.

Any treat for Milou on this occasion?

Of course! She's in charge and gets whatever she wants!

How did your dog get her name? Does she have any nicknames?

Milou is named after Tintin's dog, but gets called all kinds of things - her majesty, princess, spoiled, etc.

Does she make any contribution to your blog?

I've featured her on my blog a few times, but not recently.

Before she preferred napping, would she have been more likely to get after a squirrel, cat, or postman?

Since Milou loves all people and gets along with cats, I'd say a squirrel.

Tennis ball, Frisbee, squeaky-toy...?

Tennis ball and squeaky toy in her younger days. Now the only toys she plays with are two small, round, soft squeaky toys.

Where is Milou's favorite place for an outing?

These days I'd say the front porch or the backyard.

Who are your dog's best pet-pals?

We have friends who own a border collie, and Milou likes to go in her yard with her. Maggie will run up and down the yard about fifty times in the time it takes Milou to make two laps. She also likes to walk with a schnauzer named Bowser in our neighborhood and gets along great with my in-laws' schnauzer Polly.

What is her most endearing quality?

Milou is so sweet and loves everyone and makes us feel so good when she gets excited to see us.

If Milou could change one thing about you, what would it be?

She would like to have all of our attention all of the time and would love it if we'd give her more to eat.

What is your dog's proudest moment? Most embarrassing?

When we lived in Auburn, one of our neighbor's sons was terrified of dogs. Milou finally won him over and they became great buddies. They actually gave Milou a going away party when we moved. Her most embarrassing moment would probably be when she chewed through her bed and got it stuck on her head.

Visit Kathy's
Bermudaonion's Weblog.

--Marshal Zeringue